First Visit Avon IN
Consultation & Surgery
Consultation appointments are always available to discuss the nature of your condition and recommended treatments. Estimates of cost and insurance information can be discussed during this consultation appointment and any surgical treatment recommended can be scheduled on another day.Patients who need tooth extractions or wisdom teeth removal, as well as various other procedures, can often have questions answered over the phone by our appointment staff. Approximate fee estimates can be given at that time. The consultation/examination can then occur at the time of the surgical appointment, avoiding two trips to the office.
Complex problems or treatments always require an initial consultation to properly evaluate the condition or treatment options. Patients with significant medical conditions or who are on certain medications may need a consultation appointment to determine if medication dosages should be adjusted prior to surgery. Patients with certain medical conditions or an extensive medical history may need the consultation appointment to determine if there are issues that require unique approaches to treatment.
Items to Bring to Your Appointment
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your
consultation or surgery appointment:
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- If you have insurance, bring both medical and dental insurance cards or information with you. Oral Surgery encompasses both dental procedures and medical procedures. Even teeth, when impacted, may be covered by your medical insurance policy. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
PATIENTS PLEASE NOTE: A parent or legal guardian must always accompany a child under the age of 18 years to their surgical appointment. We also require a parent or legal guardian to accompany their child to a consultation appointment if scheduled separately from the surgery appointment.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request they forward the films to our office by mail or via email to email@example.com. If there is not enough time before your appointment, please pick the films up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
If you are planning on having intravenous (IV) sedation/anesthesia, please follow the instructions below.
- nothing to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your surgery.
- You will need a parent, legal guardian or another adult with you to drive you home (if you are under age 18, it must be your parent or legal guardian).
- Your driver must remain in the office during your surgery. If your driver leaves, we will be unable to perform your surgery.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
- Also, alert the office if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)