Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation Avon
- Do not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to the surgical appointment.
- If the patient usually takes medications in the morning it is permissible to do so with a limited amount of water.
- If the patient is diabetic and uses insulin or other medication to help manage the condition, he or she should call the office for guidance as to how to take the medication the day of surgery.
- A (legal guardian) must accompany minors to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and be able to drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes. Jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
Download or print: Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation: Pre-Surgery Instructions
We’re Here To Help!
Call our caring staff with any questions or concerns!